Kinneskie Road drill hall, Banchory

Aberdeen, United Kingdom

Kinneskie Road drill hall, Banchory

The Kinneskie Road drill hall is a former military installation near Banchory, Scotland.

The building was designed as the headquarters of the 7th (Deeside Highland) Battalion, the Gordon Highlanders and was completed about 1908. The battalion was mobilised at the drill hall in August 1914 before being deployed to the Western Front. The 7th Battalion amalgamated with the 5th (Buchan and Formartin) Battalion to form 5th/7th Battalion, The Gordon Highlanders in 1921 but with its headquarters located at Bucksburn. The 5th Battalion and 7th Battalion separated again in 1939 but then re-amalgamated in 1946.



Accommodations near Kinneskie Road drill hall, Banchory

View more options near Kinneskie Road drill hall, Banchory0

Nearby Tours & Activities