Killiechassie

Aberfeldy, United Kingdom

Killiechassie

Killiechassie is a country estate and house near Weem, about 1 mile (2 kilometres) northeast of Aberfeldy, in Perth and Kinross, Scotland. The estate lies on the banks of the River Tay in some 12 acres (5 hectares), about 74 miles (119 kilometres) north of Edinburgh. It was owned by the Douglas family in the latter part of the 19th century, and a new house was erected in 1865. A dovecote by the house was listed as Grade B on 9 June 1981. The house was purchased by author J. K. Rowling in 2001.

Killiechassie Estate has existed for centuries, and historically fell within the civil parish of Logierait. The name Killiechassie means "the church of the steep face" which refers to a church which stood on the hill there. This was part of the earldom of Atholl and was then granted by Máel Coluim, Earl of Atholl, to Scone Abbey in the 12th century.



Accommodations near Killiechassie

View more options near Killiechassie0

Nearby Tours & Activities