San Filippo Neri, Macerata

Ancona, Italy

San Filippo Neri, Macerata

San Filippo Neri is a baroque-style, Roman Catholic church located on the intersection of Corso della Republica and via Santa Maria della Porta, in central Macerata, region of Marche, Italy.

This church was built by 1611, 2 years after the canonization of San Filippo Neri. It was enlarged and reconsecrated in 1647. A redesign of the layout, hedged as it was in a narrow lot, was commissioned in 1689 from architect was Giovanni Battista Contini, and completed between 1707 and 1730. The sacristy was complete between 1774 and 1785, but the facade remains unfinished in brick. The oratory was complete by 1718 and by 1742, the convent, now housing the offices of the provincial government.



Accommodations near San Filippo Neri, Macerata

View more options near San Filippo Neri, Macerata0

Nearby Tours & Activities