Chapel Bay Fort & Museum

Angle, United Kingdom

Chapel Bay Fort & Museum

9.8

Chapel Bay Fort is located on the southern shore of the Milford Haven Waterway, Pembrokeshire, Wales. The fort is approximately 1 mile (1.6 km) from the village of Angle. One of a series of forts built as part of the inner line of defence of the Haven following the Royal Commission on the Defence of the United Kingdom, it is a Grade II Listed Building. and is also known as "Chapel Bay Battery".

Construction began in 1890, and was completed in 1891 at a cost of £11,779. The battery was the first fortification in the area to be built of mass concrete. It could accommodate 91 men, and had mess room and sick bay facilities. Its initial armament was three ten inch rifled muzzle-loading guns.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info



Accommodations near Chapel Bay Fort & Museum

View more options near Chapel Bay Fort & Museum

Nearby Tours & Activities