St James' Church, Arnside

Arnside, United Kingdom

St James' Church, Arnside

St James' Church is in the village of Arnside, Cumbria, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Kendal, the archdeaconry of Westmorland and Furness, and the diocese of Carlisle.

The church originated as a small building consisting of a nave and chancel, built in 1864–66, and designed by Miles Thompson. It was extended towards the west in 1884 by Stephen Shaw, further enlarged to the north in 1905 by R. Morton Rigg. A south aisle was added in 1912–14 by the Lancaster architects Austin and Paley.



Accommodations near St James' Church, Arnside

View more options near St James' Church, Arnside0

Nearby Tours & Activities