Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway

Backbarrow, United Kingdom

Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway

9.2

Haverthwaite railway station is a railway station on the preserved Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway in Cumbria, England.

The station opened on 1 June 1869, with sidings and a goods shed. The station originally served the nearby village of Haverthwaite, Cumbria. A long siding once served the iron works blast furnace of Backbarrow. Until 1935, gunpowder from Low Wood was brought to the main line by a horse-worked narrow gauge tramway. Passenger services were withdrawn from the station from 30 September 1946 but the station was not officially closed until 13 June 1955. Summer only passenger trains continued to pass through the station until 1965.




Accommodations near Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway

View more options near Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway

Nearby Tours & Activities