Holy Rosary Church (Baltimore, Maryland)

Baltimore, United States

Holy Rosary Church (Baltimore, Maryland)

Holy Rosary Church is a Roman Catholic church located within the Archdiocese of Baltimore in Baltimore, Maryland. It was established to serve Baltimore's Polish community.

The Holy Rosary Church was established to serve the needs of the burgeoning Polish community in Baltimore. The parish was established in 1887, though the present church was built from 1927-1928. It is constructed of greystone in the Polish Basilica style of architecture with limestone trim. It is 200 feet long, 100 feet wide, with twin towers 125 feet tall. The north tower contains four bells, the largest of which weighs 3000 pounds. The interior is unobstructed by columns, and seats 2000. The altars are of Carrara marble. The main altar is 20 feet wide and 30 feet high. The communion rail is 80 feet long. The 3 manual Moller organ has 3000 pipes. The original parish had around 500 families, making up 2,000 people. The church celebrated its first mass on December 8, 1887. In 1889, acreage was purchased outside of Dundalk, Maryland for the construction of a parish cemetery. A parish elementary school was built not long after and the Felician Sisters were invited to teach at the school.



Accommodations near Holy Rosary Church (Baltimore, Maryland)

View more options near Holy Rosary Church (Baltimore, Maryland)0

Nearby Tours & Activities