Wang Burapha

Bang Yai, Thailand

Wang Burapha

Wang Burapha (Thai: วังบูรพา, pronounced [wāŋ būː.rā.pʰāː]) is a historic neighbourhood in Bangkok, regarded as the first commercial and entertainment districts in contemporary era (after 1932 revolution) of Thailand. It is situated between Charoen Krung, Maha Chai, Phahurat, Tri Phet and Burapha roads, near the eastern edge of the old city centre of Rattanakosin Island in Wang Burapha Phirom Subdistrict, Phra Nakhon District. The neighbourhood is named after Buraphaphirom Palace, which used to be located here until the 1950s, when it was demolished to make way for commercial developments. The neighbourhood became a major commercial district and a centre of youth culture during the 1950s–60s.




Accommodations near Wang Burapha

View more accommodations near Wang Burapha

Nearby Tours & activities