Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health

Bangkok, Thailand

Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health

Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health (Thai: สถาบันสุขภาพเด็กแห่งชาติมหาราชินี) is large public hospital located in Ratchathewi District, Bangkok, Thailand. It serves as a teaching hospital for the College of Medicine, Rangsit University.

With plans to expand the pediatrics department of the Women's Hospital (now Rajavithi Hospital), the cabinet of Plaek Phibunsongkhram approved the construction of a pediatrics building with a capacity of 137 beds on Ratchawithi Road, which was to be operated by the Women's Hospital. The opening ceremony took place on 24 June 1954. By a 1973 royal decree of civil service management, operations were transferred to the Department of Medical Services of the Ministry of Public Health on 3 December 1974 and the building became the Children's Hospital. In 1996, the name was changed to Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health in commemoration of the Queen.



Accommodations near Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health

View more options near Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health0

Nearby Tours & Activities