Royal Thai Mint

Bangkok, Thailand

Royal Thai Mint

The Bureau of Royal Thai Mint, (Thai: สำนักกษาปณ์), is situated in Pathum Thani, Thailand. It is a sub-division of the Treasury Department, Ministry of Finance.

The first mint was established in 1860, inside the Grand Palace, as "โรงกระสาปน์สิทธิการ". Because of limited space, the mint was moved to the new building in 1875 (where Wat Phra Kaew Museum is located today). Then it was moved to Chaofah road in 1902 (where the National Gallery is located today), to Padipat road in 1972 and to the present mint in 2002. The mint at Pathum Thani was officially opened by Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn on July 2, 2003.



Accommodations near Royal Thai Mint

View more options near Royal Thai Mint0

Nearby Tours & Activities