Wat Dibayavari Vihara

Bangkok, Thailand

Wat Dibayavari Vihara

Wat Dibayavari Vihara (Thai: วัดทิพยวารีวิหาร; RTGS: Wat Thipphaya Wari Wihan; Chinese: 敕賜甘露禪寺; pinyin: Chì cì gānlù chán sì; lit: "Temple of Holy Water"), commonly known as Kham Low Yi (กัมโล่วยี่; 甘露寺; Gānlù sì) is a historic Chinese-Vietnamese temple in Bangkok, located at 119 Soi Thip Wari, Tri Phet Road, Wang Burapha Phirom Subdistrict, Phra Nakhon District, Bangkok in the area of Ban Mo, opposite to The Old Siam Plaza.

This temple was built in the Thonburi period in B.E. 2319 (between April 1776–March 1777) during the reign of King Taksin. He gave the east bank of the Chao Phraya River as a residence for Chinese and Vietnamese. Later on, in the Rattanakosin period. Nguyễn Phúc Ánh, Prince of Huế, who came to rely on the Thai King, smuggled back to his country. Thus making the King's younger brother, Prince Maha Sura Singhanat had doubts about the Vietnamese who living in Siam (Thailand at that time). He ordered the Vietnamese who living there to move out. As a result, this area lonely immediately, and the temple has no monks lived for many years.



Accommodations near Wat Dibayavari Vihara

View more options near Wat Dibayavari Vihara0

Nearby Tours & Activities