Wat Samian Nari

Bangkok, Thailand

Wat Samian Nari

Wat Samian Nari (Thai: วัดเสมียนนารี, pronounced [wát sā.mǐa̯n nāː.rīː]) is a civil temple in Thailand, located at 32 Moo 2, Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, Lat Yao Subdistrict, Chatuchak District, Bangkok, with a total area of 18 rai (about 7.11 acres) next to Northern Railway Line and close to Bang Son Station.

Wat Samian Nari established in 1857 under the name "Wat Khae Rai" (วัดแคราย). In the year 1877, it was restored by Samian Kham (เสมียนขำ), the prime donor for temple restoration, who was a female clerk in the royal treasury in the reign of King Chulalongkorn (Rama V). So it was changed to the name "Samian Nari" in 1979 in honour of her, because the word "Samian Nari" means "female clerk" or "lady clerk" in Thai.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info


Accommodations near Wat Samian Nari

View more options near Wat Samian Nari0

Nearby Tours & Activities