Baranavichy, Belarus

Travel to Baranavichy

Baranavichy ( (listen); Belarusian: Бара́навічы [baˈranavʲitʂɨ], Łacinka: Baranavičy ; Russian: Бара́новичи; Yiddish: באַראַנאָוויטש‎) is a city in the Brest Region of western Belarus, with a population (as of 2019) of 179,000. It is notable for an important railway junction and is home to Baranavichy State University.

In the second half of the 17th century, Baranavichy housed the Jesuit mission. In the second half of the 18th century, Baranavichy was the property of Massalski and Niesiołowski families. The village was administratively part of the Nowogródek Voivodeship until the Third Partition of Poland (1795), when it was annexed by Imperial Russia. In the 19th century, it belonged to the Countess E.A. Rozwadowski. It was part of the Novogrodek (now Navahrudak) okrug, which was part of Slonim Governorate, the Lithuania Governorate, the Grodno Governorate and then the Minsk Governorate.



Accommodations in Baranavichy

There are 34 options for staying in Baranavichy.
Check out the deals we offer for lodging in Baranavichy.


Baranavichy Tours & Activities