St Bartholomew's Church, Barbon

Barbon, United Kingdom

St Bartholomew's Church, Barbon

St Bartholomew's Church is in the village of Barbon, Cumbria, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Kendal, the archdeaconry of Westmorland and Furness, and the diocese of Carlisle. Its benefice is united with those of St Mary the Virgin, Kirkby Lonsdale, Holy Trinity, Casterton, St John the Divine, Hutton Roof, All Saints, Lupton, St Peter, Mansergh, and the Holy Ghost, Middleton, to form the Kirkby Lonsdale Team Ministry. The church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade  II* listed building.

The present church stands slightly to the south of a former chapel of ease that was in existence by 1610. This was rebuilt in 1815, but all that remains of it is a porch to the north of the present church, which is used as a shed. St Bartholomew's was built in 1892–93, and designed by the Lancaster firm of architects, Paley, Austin and Paley. The church cost £3,000 (equivalent to £450,000 in 2019).



Accommodations near St Bartholomew's Church, Barbon

View more options near St Bartholomew's Church, Barbon0

Nearby Tours & Activities