The Plaza de Toros Monumental de Barcelona, often known simply as La Monumental (Catalan pronunciation: [lə munumənˈtal]), is a bullring in the city of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. It was the last bullfighting arena in commercial operation in Catalonia. It was inaugurated in 1914 under the name Plaza de El Sport and was soon expanded and given its current name in 1916. It is situated at the confluence of the Gran Via and Carrer Marina (Marina Street) in the Eixample district. It had a capacity of 19,582 within 26 rows of lines, boxes, and stands on the first floor inside and an upper gallery surrounding the building.