St John's Church, Stratford

Barking, United Kingdom

St John's Church, Stratford

St John's Church or the Church of Saint John the Evangelist is the main parish church in Stratford, London, standing on Stratford Broadway, the main thoroughfare. The site was previously home to a "Forest Prison" that incarcerated those who committed offences against the Royal Forest of Waltham, which is now known as Epping Forest. The gaol was built around 1620 and the building remained until 1827.