Berlin Peace Column

Berlin, Germany

Berlin Peace Column

The Peace Column (German: Friedenss├Ąule) is a column located in Mehringplatz in Berlin, Germany. Designed by Christian Gottlieb Cantian and erected in 1843, the 19-meter column is topped with a brass status of Victoria, goddess of victory, designed by Christian Daniel Rauch. In 1876, allegories of the four victorious allies of Waterloo (or Belle Alliance in Prussian historiography) were added, and in 1879 two more sculptures followed: The Peace by Albert Wolff and Clio, writing the history of the Wars of Liberation (Befreiungskriege) by Ferdinand Hartzer.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info


Accommodations near Berlin Peace Column

View more options near Berlin Peace Column0

Nearby Tours & Activities