Bode Museum

Berlin, Germany

Bode Museum

The Bode-Museum (English: Bode Museum), formerly called the Kaiser-Friedrich-Museum (Emperor Frederick Museum), is a listed building on the Museum Island in the historic centre of Berlin and part of the UNESCO World Heritage. It was built from 1898 to 1904 by order of German Emperor William II according to plans by Ernst von Ihne in Baroque Revival style. The building's front square featured a memorial to German Emperor Frederick III, which was destroyed by the East German authorities. Currently, the Bode-Museum is home to the Skulpturensammlung, the Museum f├╝r Byzantinische Kunst and the M├╝nzkabinett (sculpture, coins and medals, and Byzantine art).

Originally called the Kaiser-Friedrich-Museum after Emperor Frederick III, the museum was renamed in honor of its first curator, Wilhelm von Bode, in 1956.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info


Accommodations near Bode Museum

View more options near Bode Museum0

Nearby Tours & Activities