James Simon Gallery

Berlin, Germany

James Simon Gallery

The James Simon Gallery (German: James-Simon-Galerie) is a centrally located visitor center and art gallery between the reconstructed Neues Museum and the Kupfergraben arm of the Spree river on Museum Island in Berlin, Germany. Designed by architect David Chipperfield, the gallery is named after the maecenas Henri James Simon (1851–1932) who brought worldwide fame to the Berlin State Museums with his lavish donations. As the ensemble's sixth building, the gallery has a prominent position at the site of the former Packhof designed by Karl Friedrich Schinkel, which was demolished in 1938, and its design is inspired by the construction history of Museum Island.




Accommodations near James Simon Gallery

View more accommodations near James Simon Gallery

Nearby Tours & activities