St. Hedwig's Cathedral

Berlin, Germany

St. Hedwig's Cathedral

St. Hedwig's Cathedral (German: St.-Hedwigs-Kathedrale) is a Catholic church on Bebelplatz in the historic centre of Berlin. Dedicated to Hedwig of Silesia, it was erected from 1747 to 1887 by order of Frederick the Great according to plans by Georg Wenzeslaus von Knobelsdorff in Baroque style. Damaged during the Allied bombing in World War II, the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Berlin was restored from 1952 to 1963 in post-war modernist style as part of the Forum Fridericianum. Since 2018, the listed building has been closed for renovation.




Accommodations near St. Hedwig's Cathedral

View more accommodations near St. Hedwig's Cathedral

Nearby Tours & activities