Palazzo Grassi

Bologna, Italy

Palazzo Grassi

8.6

The Palazzo Grassi is Gothic-style, 13th-century palace located on Via Marsala #14 in Bologna, region of Emilia Romagna, Italy. The palace in 2015 houses the Circolo Ufficiali dell'Esercito, a private Officer's club.

The palace once belonged to the Canonici family, but was acquired by the Grassi family in 1466, and remained with their descendants until 1848. In 1478, the family was honored with the title of Conti Palatini del Sacro Romano Impero by Frederick III, Holy Roman Emperor. In 1865, the palace was acquired by the military. It underwent a number of renovations, with the latest in the 20th century, and in 1935 it became the home of the Circolo club.




Accommodations near Palazzo Grassi

View more options near Palazzo Grassi

Nearby Tours & Activities