The Archaeological Civic Museum (MCA) of Bologna

Bologna, Italy

The Archaeological Civic Museum (MCA) of Bologna

The Archaeological Civic Museum of Bologna (Italian: Museo Civico Archeologico di Bologna) is located in the fifteenth-century Palazzo Galvani building at Via dell'Archiginnasio 2 postal code 40124 Bologna, once known as the Hospital of Death. Founded in September 1881 by the merging of two separate museums: the one belonging to the University of Bologna – heir of the Room of Antiquity belonging to the Academy of Sciences founded by Luigi Ferdinando Marsili in (1714) – and that belonging to the City of Bologna (enriched by the antique collection of Artist Pelagio Palagi (1860) and the large amount of finds from excavations conducted in and around Bologna during these times.


Accommodations near The Archaeological Civic Museum (MCA) of Bologna

View more accommodations near The Archaeological Civic Museum (MCA) of Bologna

Nearby Tours & activities