Château La Louvière

Bordeaux, France

Château La Louvière

8.4

Château La Louvière is a Bordeaux wine producer from the Pessac-Léognan appellation of Bordeaux. The château is located in the commune of Léognan. It was owned by André Lurton from 1965 to his death in 2019.

The first small vineyard on the estate was planted in 1476, in a location named La Lobeyra, on land owned by the Guilloche family since 1398. During the period from 1510 to 1550 many land plots were acquired by Pierre de Guilloche and his son Jean de Guilloche. Lady Roquetaillade, the heiress to the Guilloche family, sold La Louvière in 1618 to Arnaud de Gascq, abbot of the Abbey of Saint-Ferme. He donated it in 1620 to Notre Dame de Miséricorde, a Carthusian Order in Bordeaux. At this stage the property was in a poor state, but was restored by the monks. Under the monks' management, both red and white wines were produced during the early parts of the 17th century, and shipped to customers in Picardy, England and Flanders.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info



Accommodations near Château La Louvière

View more options near Château La Louvière

Nearby Tours & Activities