Horticultural Hall, Boston (1845)

Boston, United States

Horticultural Hall, Boston (1845)

Horticultural Hall (1845-1860s) of Boston, Massachusetts, stood at no.40 School Street. The Massachusetts Horticultural Society erected the building and used it as headquarters until 1860. Made of granite, it measured "86 feet in length and 33 feet in width ... [with] a large hall for exhibitions, a library and business room, and convenient compartments for the sale of seeds, fruits, plants and flowers." Among the tenants: Journal of Agriculture; Azell Bowditch's seed store; and Morris Brothers, Pell & Trowbridge minstrels.


Accommodations near Horticultural Hall, Boston (1845)

View more accommodations near Horticultural Hall, Boston (1845)

Nearby Tours & activities