Cathedral of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, Bratislava

Bratislava, Slovakia

Cathedral of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, Bratislava

The Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross (Slovak: Chrám Povýšenia vznešeného a životodarného kríža) is a cathedral in Bratislava, Slovakia. It was built in the year 1860 at the edge of St. Andrew's cemetery (Ondrejský cintorín). Since 1972, the church belongs to Greek Catholic Church. It is the cathedral church of the Eparchy of Bratislava since 2008.

The founding stone was laid on May 13, 1859. The church was consecrated by Archbishop of Esztergom, cardinal János Scitovszky (Slovak: Ján Scitovský) on September 14, 1860.



Accommodations near Cathedral of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, Bratislava

View more options near Cathedral of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, Bratislava0

Nearby Tours & Activities