St. Nicholas Church, Bratislava

Bratislava, Slovakia

St. Nicholas Church, Bratislava

St. Nicholas Church in Bratislava is an Orthodox church situated on the castle hill next to the Bratislava Castle in Podhradie the historical part of Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. The church was built in 1661 by Paul Pálffy's (1589–1655) widow Countess Frances, née Khuen (died 1672). It is an early baroque building built on the place of original Gothic church below the Bratislava Castle. The church is consecrated to St. Nicholas, the patron of sailors. His statue is situated in the stone niche above the main entrance to the church. The church is a protected cultural monument.



Accommodations near St. Nicholas Church, Bratislava

View more options near St. Nicholas Church, Bratislava

Nearby Tours & activities