Landgericht Bremen

Bremen, Germany

Landgericht Bremen

The Landgericht Bremen in the courthouse of the State of Bremen on the Domsheide in the old town of Bremen, Germany. It was built in the late 19th century in the French Renaissance style and completed in 1906. It has been a listed building since 1992. In addition to the judicial services of the regional court, the building houses sections of the Public Prosecutor's department (Staatsanwaltschaft) and of the district court (Amtsgericht).

The courthouse and remand prison were built from 1891 to 1895 and from 1902 to 1906 by the Oldenburg architects Ludwig Klingenberg (1840ÔÇô1924) and his partner Hugo Weber. Together with the two wings of the remand prison, the sprawling complex extends over an entire block. The design is based on the functional requirements of its judicial services although its staircase and courtroom fully reflect the sophistications of the period. The outer walls are inspired by French Renaissance architecture, especially features from the Ch├óteau de Blois, and are richly decorated. The statue of Justice on Ostertorstra├če is the work of Rudolph Lauer (1852ÔÇô1900).



Accommodations near Landgericht Bremen

View more options near Landgericht Bremen0

Nearby Tours & Activities