BAFS Building

Brisbane, Australia

BAFS Building

BAFS Building is a heritage-listed former pharmacy at 331 & 333 George Street, Brisbane City, City of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. It was designed by Lange Leopold Powell and built from 1915 to 1916 by B Cunningham. It was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 22 February 2002.

The Brisbane Associated Friendly Societies' (BAFS) Building was officially opened in 1916 as a pharmaceutical dispensary and headquarters of the Brisbane Associated Friendly Societies. The building is located on the corner of George and Turbot Streets in Brisbane city and was designed by the notable local architectural firm, Chambers and Powell. It was the fourth city building occupied by the BAFS and the first that the society constructed themselves. The BAFS has had a presence in Brisbane city since 1885. A focal point for friendly societies throughout Queensland and the thousands of members they served, BAFS was an important force in health care in Queensland up to the mid twentieth century.



Accommodations near BAFS Building

View more options near BAFS Building0

Nearby Tours & Activities