Avenue de Tervueren

Brussels, Belgium

Avenue de Tervueren

The Avenue de Tervueren (French) or Tervurenlaan (in Dutch) is a major thoroughfare in Brussels, Belgium. It was originally commissioned by King Leopold II as part of his building campaign, and finished in 1897 in time for the Brussels International Exhibition of that year. It runs from Merode in the west, connects with Montgomery Square, passes through Woluwe-Saint-Pierre and the Ring at Quatre Bras/Vier Armen, and finishes at the park in Tervuren.

Geographically, the Avenue de Tervueren forms a continuation of the Rue de la Loi/Wetstraat, which runs from the centre of Brussels. The Rue de la Loi ends at the western end of the Parc du Cinquantenaire/Jubelpark, while the Avenue de Tervueren starts at the eastern end of the park. A tunnel starting just west of the Schuman roundabout takes the main carriageway of the Rue de la Loi under the Cinquantenaire (with a short uncovered section in the centre of the park), and emerging at Merode as the central carriageway of the Avenue de Tervueren.



Accommodations near Avenue de Tervueren

View more options near Avenue de Tervueren0

Nearby Tours & Activities