Josaphat Park

Brussels, Belgium

Josaphat Park

Josaphat Park (French: Parc Josaphat, Dutch: Josaphatpark) is a public park of 20 hectares (49 acres) located in the municipality of Schaerbeek in Brussels, Belgium. The football stadium that was formerly used by the K.V.V. Crossing Elewijt lies on the north-west corner of the park. There is also an elementary school (Chazal school), a tennis club (R.T.C. Lambermont), the communal greenhouses, animals (horses, donkeys, hen, ducks), two playgrounds, a minigolf course, an archery range, three cafés (La Laiterie, La Buvette Saint-Sebastiaan, and La Guinguette Populeir), a kiosk (Josaphine's), and some ponds.

The park is a remainder of the old Linthout forest that began at Dailly Square. It was designed by Edmond Galoppin of Melsbroek and inaugurated by King Leopold II of Belgium on 6 June 1904. Its name comes from the resemblance between the valley of the Roodebeek (a tributary of the Maalbeek) where the park is located and the Valley of Josaphat in the Holy Land, noted by a pilgrim back from Palestine in 1574. It was designated on 31 December 1974.



Accommodations near Josaphat Park

View more options near Josaphat Park0

Nearby Tours & Activities