St John the Evangelist's Church, Yealand Conyers

Burton, United Kingdom

St John the Evangelist's Church, Yealand Conyers

St John the Evangelist's Church is in Church Lane, Yealand Conyers, Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the diocese of Blackburn. The church was built in 1838, extended in 1861 and again in 1882. It is constructed mainly in limestone, and consists of a nave, a north aisle, a chancel and a west tower. Inside is a west gallery and stained glass by Shrigley and Hunt. The church holds services on Sundays and Wednesdays. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building.

The church was built in 1838, and its design has been attributed to George Webster. The north aisle was added in 1861, and the chancel in 1882. It was originally a chapel of ease in the parish of St Oswald, Warton, and became a parish in its own right on 25 September 1870.



Accommodations near St John the Evangelist's Church, Yealand Conyers

View more options near St John the Evangelist's Church, Yealand Conyers0

Nearby Tours & Activities