West Hendford Cricket Ground

Chiselborough, United Kingdom

West Hendford Cricket Ground

West Hendford Cricket Ground was a first-class cricket ground in Yeovil, Somerset. The land for the ground was first leased by Yeovil Cricket Club in 1874 and was also used for a range of other sports, most significantly hosting Yeovil Rugby Club in the 1890s and then again from 1935 until the ground was closed. Significant improvements were made to the ground during the 1930s, including the opening of a new pavilion jointly funded by the Rugby and Cricket clubs. The ground was demolished in 1944 when Westland Aircraft extended their factory, and both Yeovil Cricket Club and Rugby Club moved to Johnson Park.


Accommodations near West Hendford Cricket Ground

View more accommodations near West Hendford Cricket Ground

Nearby Tours & activities