Castle Park Cricket Ground

Colchester, United Kingdom

Castle Park Cricket Ground

Castle Park Cricket Ground is an English cricket ground in Colchester. The ground is in Lower Castle Park, part of the land surrounding Colchester Castle. It was used by Essex County Cricket Club for some of their first-class cricket matches between 1914 and 2016. When the ground is not used to stage First-class cricket matches, it is frequently used for Colchester & East Essex Cricket Club.

The ground was opened in 1908 and the first match played here was on 18 June 1914 between Essex and Worcestershire in the County Championship. The ground is bordered by the remains of a Roman Wall.



Accommodations near Castle Park Cricket Ground

View more options near Castle Park Cricket Ground0

Nearby Tours & Activities