St. Kolumba, Cologne

Cologne, Germany

St. Kolumba, Cologne

St. Kolumba was one of the largest parish churches in medieval Cologne, dating back to 980, and dedicated to Columba of Sens. The original Romanesque church was replaced by a Gothic church. Artworks in it included the Saint Columba Altarpiece by Rogier van der Weyden, and an altar by an anonymous artist.

It was almost completely destroyed by bombing in World War II. From 1947, a chapel was built on the ruins, dedicated to Mary as "Madonna of the Ruins". The chapel was called St. Kolumba from 2007, when it became part of the Kolumba, the museum of the archdiocese of Cologne.



Accommodations near St. Kolumba, Cologne

View more options near St. Kolumba, Cologne0

Nearby Tours & Activities