Øksnehallen

Copenhagen, Denmark

Øksnehallen

Øksnehallen is an exhibition space located on Halmtorvet in the Vesterbro district of Copenhagen, Denmark. The building is a former market hall, part of the Brown Meat District.

The Cattle Market opened on 28 November 1879. Øksnehallen was built in 1891 to a design by city architect Ludvig Fenger. It housed dealers' offices and had a capacity for 1600 head of cattle. The market hall remained in use until the White Meat Market was inaugurated in the 1959s.



Accommodations near Øksnehallen

View more options near Øksnehallen0

Nearby Tours & Activities