HM Prison Edinburgh

Cramond, United Kingdom

HM Prison Edinburgh

Her Majesty's Prison Edinburgh is located in the west of Edinburgh on the main A71, in an area now known as Stenhouse, and, although never named as such, has been popularly known as Saughton Prison from the old name for the general area. The prison is situated on the edge of a predominantly residential area and has good transport and road links to the city centre, which provides good access both for local courts and visitors to the prison. The building of the prison started on 31 July 1914 with the first prisoner being received in 1919. The prison currently consists of four halls; Glenesk, Hermiston, Ingliston and Ratho.



Accommodations near HM Prison Edinburgh

View more options near HM Prison Edinburgh

Nearby Tours & activities