James Joyce Statue

Dublin, Ireland

James Joyce Statue

8.6

North Earl Street (Irish: Sráid an Iarla Thuaidh) is a short stretch of city-centre street located on Dublin's Northside and formerly a major shopping area. It runs from Marlborough Street in the west to O'Connell Street beside the Spire.

The street was built on land previously owned by St. Mary's Abbey. It was acquired by Henry Moore, 1st Earl of Drogheda in 1614 and sold to Luke Gardiner in 1714. It was developed in the late 18th century and named after the earl whose estate lands and developments are reflected in the street names bearing his name, Henry Street, Moore Street, Of Lane (now Off Lane) and Drogheda Street. North Earl Street was a direct continuation of Henry Street eastwards. It was sometimes formerly called Earl Street North.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info


Accommodations near James Joyce Statue

View more options near James Joyce Statue

Nearby Tours & Activities