St Blaise's Church

Dubrovnik, Croatia

St Blaise's Church

The Church of St. Blaise (Croatian: Crkva sv. Blaža) is a Baroque church in Dubrovnik and one of the city's major sights. Saint Blaise (St. Vlaho), identified by medieval Slavs with the pagan god Veles, is the patron saint of the city of Dubrovnik and formerly the protector of the independent Republic of Ragusa.

The church was built in 1715 by the Venetian architect and sculptor Marino Gropelli (1662-1728) on the foundations of the badly damaged Romanesque medieval church. He modeled the church on Sansovino's Venetian church of San Maurizio.



Accommodations near St Blaise's Church

View more options near St Blaise's Church0

Nearby Tours & Activities