St. Saviour Church (Croatian: Crkva sv. Spasa) is a small votive church located in Dubrovnik's Old Town. It is dedicated to Jesus Christ.
This place is so beautiful and serene!
St. Saviour Church - nice Renaissance church near the western entrance to the city walls. The church was built right after the earthquake of May 17th, 1520 by the decision of Dubrovnik Senate "to please the God and thank the Savior for sparing the City from any damages in the strong earthquake that struck Dubrovnik". The monumental inscription above the main entrance on the front facade testifies to this. Designed by the architect Petar Andrijić from Korčula, construction started in 1520 and the church was completed in 1528. The Church was built in Renaissance style with some Gothic elements.
Beautiful location and don't forget to get refreshments before starting your sightseeing tour ;)
It has a wealth of history (both dark and gruesome history a happier local history). Recommended!
Lovely Renaissance church at the entrance of the old town.