Basilika St. Lambertus

Düsseldorf, Germany

Basilika St. Lambertus

8.6

The Church of St. Andreas (German: St. Andreas) is a Roman Catholic parish church situated in the center of the German city of Düsseldorf. It is the priory church of the local community of Dominican Friars, who also administer the much older Church of St. Lambert.

The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, was constructed between 1622 and 1629 in the South German baroque style. It was originally built for the Jesuits, who arrived in Düsseldorf in 1619, and served as the "court church" for the Counts palatine of Neuburg (House of Palatinate-Neuburg) from 1708. After the dissolution of the Jesuit order in August 1773, it served as a parish church until 2005, when it became the monastery church of the Dominican Order. The building itself is now owned by the land of North Rhine Westphalia.




Accommodations near Basilika St. Lambertus

View more options near Basilika St. Lambertus

Nearby Tours & Activities