Düsseldorfer Schauspielhaus

Düsseldorf, Germany

Düsseldorfer Schauspielhaus

The Düsseldorfer Schauspielhaus is a theatre building and company in Düsseldorf. The present building with two major auditoria was designed by the architect Bernhard Pfau and built between 1965 and 1969. It opened in 1970.

The theatre dates back to 1747 when during the reign of elector Karl Theodor the Gießhaus was transformed to a theatre. In 1818 Friedrich Wilhelm II donated this building to the city of Düsseldorf. Josef Derossi was its first director, succeeded in 1834 by the poet Karl Leberecht Immermann. In 1905 a house dedicated to plays was opened by Louise Dumont and Gustav Lindemann who brought the house to fame.



Accommodations near Düsseldorfer Schauspielhaus

View more options near Düsseldorfer Schauspielhaus0

Nearby Tours & Activities