Bonnington railway station

Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Bonnington railway station

Bonnington railway station served the district of Bonnington, Edinburgh, Scotland from 1846 to 1947 on the Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway.

The station opened on 10 May 1846 by the Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway. It closed on 1 January 1917 but reopened on 1 April 1919 before permanent closure to passengers on 16 June 1947. The nearby Bonnington Goods yard closed in July 1968. The station building (as a private residence) and platforms still survive with the trackbed now being a footpath and cycleway.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info


Accommodations near Bonnington railway station

View more options near Bonnington railway station0

Nearby Tours & Activities