Carrubbers Christian Centre

Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Carrubbers Christian Centre

Carrubbers Christian Centre is a church on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Carrubbers Close Mission was founded in 1858 and its 'workers' originally met in a former Atheist Meeting House in Carrubbers Close. The Rev. James Gall (1808–1895) was the founder of the Mission. In 1883 the American evangelist Dwight L. Moody came to Edinburgh. He was accompanied by Ira D. Sankey who sang his self-composed songs while Moody preached. During their visit, they managed to raise £10,000 to pay for a permanent home for the mission and later that year, the foundation stone was laid. The building was designed by the Edinburgh architect, John Armstrong.



Accommodations near Carrubbers Christian Centre

View more options near Carrubbers Christian Centre0

Nearby Tours & Activities