Junction Road railway station, Edinburgh

Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Junction Road railway station, Edinburgh

Junction Road railway station served the district of Leith, Edinburgh, Scotland from 1869 to 1947 on the Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Line of the North British Railway.

The station opened as Junction Road on 1 May 1869 by the North British Railway. It had a double track but a second platform couldn't be built due to space constraints. The signal box was to the southwest. A siding to the northeast served a coal depot. The station closed on 1 January 1917 but reopened on 1 April 1919. Renamed in 1923 as Junction Bridge before closing permanently on 16 June 1947. The signal box closed in 1952. The trackbed is now a footpath and cycleway

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info


Accommodations near Junction Road railway station, Edinburgh

View more options near Junction Road railway station, Edinburgh0

Nearby Tours & Activities