New Logie Green

Edinburgh, United Kingdom

New Logie Green

New Logie Green was a football ground in the Powderhall area of Edinburgh, Scotland. It was the home ground of St Bernard's from 1889 until 1899, and was also used to host the 1896 Scottish Cup final, the only time the Scottish Cup final has been played outside Glasgow. The ground was named after a nearby mansion.

St Bernard's moved to New Logie Green in 1889 from Powderhall. An uncovered seated stand was built on the western side of the pitch and a pavilion in the north-east corner, with banking around the rest of the pitch. St Bernard's were elected into Division One of the Scottish Football League in 1893, and the first SFL match was played at New Logie Green on 26 August 1893, when 5,000 watched a 0–0 draw with Rangers. A grandstand was erected in 1894, and the highest league attendance was set on 10 November that year when a crowd of 8,000 saw a 2–0 defeat to Celtic. This was equalled on 19 September 1898 for a 2–0 defeat to Rangers.



Accommodations near New Logie Green

View more options near New Logie Green0

Nearby Tours & Activities