North Leith Parish Church

Edinburgh, United Kingdom

North Leith Parish Church

North Leith Parish Church is a congregation of the Church of Scotland, within the Presbytery of Edinburgh. It is serves part of Leith, formerly an independent burgh and since 1920 a part of the city of Edinburgh, Scotland.

The current building in Madeira Street (opposite the junction with Prince Regent Street), Leith, was designed by the architect William Burn and was completed in 1816. It has a notable neo-classical portico (with four large Ionic columns), above which is a clock tower surmounted by a slender spire. A pipe organ (by Wadsworth of Manchester) was added in 1880. The building was damaged by bombing during World War II (in 1941), but was repaired by 1950. It is a category A listed building. The church was designed to accommodate 1300 people.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info


Accommodations near North Leith Parish Church

View more options near North Leith Parish Church0

Nearby Tours & Activities