Parliament House, Edinburgh

Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Parliament House, Edinburgh

Parliament House in the Old Town in Edinburgh, Scotland, is a complex of several buildings housing the Supreme Courts of Scotland. The original building was home to the Parliament of Scotland from 1639 to 1707. It is located in the Old Town, just off the High Street section of the Royal Mile, beside St Giles' Cathedral. Buildings in the complex are Grade A listed buildings.

Between 1998 and 2004, archaeological investigations were undertaken by AOC Archaeology in the Southern Courtyard. The archaeologists discovered evidence of the medieval occupation of Edinburgh as well as evidence of the post-medieval Meal Market, and 95 burials from St Giles’ graveyard.



Accommodations near Parliament House, Edinburgh

View more options near Parliament House, Edinburgh0

Nearby Tours & Activities