Prestongrange Museum

Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Prestongrange Museum

8

Morrison's Haven is a harbour at Prestongrange, East Lothian, Scotland, UK, on the B1348, close to Levenhall Links, Prestongrange Industrial Heritage Museum, Prestonpans, and Prestongrange House.

The name comes from the Morisons of Prestongrange. A part of Prestongrange were purchased by John Morison from the Kerr family in 1609. He was a burgess of Edinburgh, a bailie (1581) and treasurer of Edinburgh (1588). His son Sir Alexander Morison, a Lord of Session, developed the harbour. The property was purchased in 1746 from William Morrison by William Grant.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info



Accommodations near Prestongrange Museum

View more options near Prestongrange Museum

Nearby Tours & Activities