St Columba's-by-the-Castle

Edinburgh, United Kingdom

St Columba's-by-the-Castle

St Columba's-by-the-Castle is a congregation of the Scottish Episcopal Church in central Edinburgh, Scotland. The church is located close to Edinburgh Castle, on the south slope of Castle Hill, and is protected as a category B listed building.

The church was constructed in 1846–1847 in an Early English Gothic style, to designs by architect John Henderson. Stone for the building was brought from the palace of Mary of Guise, 16th-century queen regent of Scotland, on the Royal Mile. Its layout was inspired by the reforms of Anglican worship arising from the Oxford Movement.



Accommodations near St Columba's-by-the-Castle

View more options near St Columba's-by-the-Castle0

Nearby Tours & Activities