Tailor's Hall

Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Tailor's Hall

Tailor's Hall, is a historic building in the Cowgate area of Edinburgh's Old Town. It was built in 1621 by the Guild of Tailors. It is now in use as a Stay Central Hotel.

The main hall was built in 1621, on the south side of the courtyard. Then in 1640, a range of crow-stepped buildings was built on the north side fronting on to the Cowgate. This block, Tailor's Land, was demolished circa 1940 despite attempts by the architect Robert Hurd and others to save it.



Accommodations near Tailor's Hall

View more options near Tailor's Hall0

Nearby Tours & Activities